New Sercos Webinar Recordings Available
Three new Sercos webinar recordings - from May and June - plus five previously released webinar recordings are available for download.
The webinars are:
- Mechanisms of connection (June 2014)
- Functionality of redundancy (May 2014)
- Sercos tips & tricks to easily commission a machine (May 2014)
- Sercos in practice: Efficient, reliable and economical (March 2014)
- Sercos in practice: Easy, fast, flexible (February 2014)
- Moving forward with tradition & innovation (January 2014)
- How machine engineers and users benefit from a common Sercos III and EtherNet/IP infrastructure (November 2013)
- CIP Safety on Sercos & EtherNet/IP (October 2013)
Hannover Fair very successful for Sercos
Sercos International registered high interest in Sercos-capable products at Hannover Fair. A broad portfolio of Sercos-enabled products and growing demand for high performance Ethernet automation busses was responsible for the increasing demand.
A highlight was an engraving machine demo from Schneider Electric. Visitors to the booth were invited to have their profile created. The engraving machine showed how NC applications can be implemented with a standard motion controller from the Schneider Modicon series and the Sercos automation bus. The new Modicon LMC078 combines motion control functionality for up to 16 servo axes on a single controller platform with a powerful PLC that can process a PLC instruction in 2 nanoseconds.
Bosch Rexroth introduced its new SERCANS Sercos master module; Automata presented the new SMC3 stepper motor controller; Metronix showed a new range of servo motor drives, 'blueServo‘; Servotronix displayed the LVD Sercos III, compact, high-power, intelligent servo drive; Vision & Control presented its pictor® and vicosys® camera systems and Bihl+Wiedemann presented AS-i systems which complement industrial Ethernet systems for transmission of process and safety data.
Sercos N.A. Welcomes New Member Festo Corporation
Sercos is pleased to welcome Festo U.S. as a new member. Festo is a leading world-wide supplier of pneumatic and electrical automation technology and is a performance leader in industrial training and education programs offering industrial and process automation, components and solutions worldwide. Visit their website at www.festo.com/us. Read a press release »