Hannover Fair very successful for Sercos
Sercos International registered high interest in Sercos-capable products at Hannover Fair. A broad portfolio of Sercos-enabled products and growing demand for high performance Ethernet automation busses was responsible for the increasing demand.
A highlight was an engraving machine demo from Schneider Electric. Visitors to the booth were invited to have their profile created.
The engraving machine showed how NC applications can be implemented with a standard motion controller from the Schneider Modicon series and the Sercos automation bus. The new Modicon LMC078 combines motion control functionality for up to 16 servo axes on a single controller platform with a powerful PLC that can process a PLC instruction in 2 nanoseconds.
- Bosch Rexroth introduced its new SERCANS Sercos master module with the slogan "one cable instead of three,“ as this is one of the first products for the common Sercos III and EtherNet/IP infrastructure.
- Automata presented the new SMC3 stepper motor controller, which is ideal for cost-effective implementation of positioning functions.
- Metronix showed a new range of servo motor drives, 'blueServo‘, that combines a universal real-time Ethernet capability with safe torque off functionality, supporting a large number of encoder interfaces.
- Servotronix displayed the LVD Sercos III, a compact, high-power, intelligent servo drive for low voltage (15-48 Vdc) servo motion applications.
- Vision & Control presented its pictor® and vicosys® camera systems, plus a demo that showed a high performance Sercos-driven camera in action.
- Bihl+Wiedemann presented AS-i systems which perfectly complement industrial Ethernet systems for transmission of process data and safety data.
Sercos Webinar Recordings Available
Recordings of 5 recent Sercos Webinars are available. These include 3 webinars on "Sercos in Practice," a webinar entitled "How machine engineers and users benefit from a common Sercos III and EtherNet/IP infrastructure," and a webinar on "CIP Safety on Sercos and EtherNet/IP."
Sercos N.A. Welcomes New Member Festo Corporation
Sercos is pleased to welcome Festo U.S. as a new member. Festo is a leading world-wide supplier of pneumatic and electrical automation technology and is a performance leader in industrial training and education programs offering industrial and process automation, components and solutions worldwide. Visit their website at www.festo.com/us. Read a press release »